SNAG seeks a motivated, energetic individual to serve in the role of Communications Coordinator. This remote, part-time position reports to the Managing Director (MD), works closely with the Operations Manager (OM). While the Communications Coordinator will work collaboratively with the SNAG Team, the position is self-directed. The Communications Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and initiating public-facing communications and content strategy for the organization and facilitating administrative communication.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the SNAG Team to create a broad communications plan, schedules and content for social media, e-blasts, website and any other platforms.
- Maintain a calendar with dates and deadlines related to all communication initiatives.
- May be required to work during in-person and online SNAG events.
- Meet weekly via Zoom with MD and frequently with MD & OM.
- Maintain clear and consistent communication with MD via email/text/phone during established working hours.
- External communications and additional tasks as assigned by MD.
Social Media, Email and Website Platform Communication
- Chair and meet with the Social Media & Communications Committee, composed of volunteers and staff.
- Consistently create engaging content for social media and maintain an automated schedule for all real time announcements and content.
- Research and create initiatives to increase engagement and grow followers across platforms. Prepare reports on analytics/engagement with benchmarks for performance and traffic.
- Explore new online platforms to help SNAG’s reach and engagement, and work with the SNAG Team to implement them.
- Work with the SNAG Team to add content to the website.
- Maintain and manage engagement on SNAG’s social media accounts. React and respond to questions and comments, and-post and share appropriate and relevant content.
- Monitor messages and comments and assess for follow-up from SNAG leadership.
- Work with MD to manage and track communications between SNAG and presenters, exhibition participants, and other special events.
- Organize files and update checklists and other status records frequently and consistently.
- Track and fulfill in-kind promotional trades with partner organizations.
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with presenting/public speaking.
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Open and receptive to constructive feedback.
- Brand awareness and ability to maintain and expand on an existing brand.
- Strategic thinking and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to identify media trends, and learn new social media tools.
- A sense of aesthetics/design sensibilities; experience in Graphic Design.
- Working knowledge of Canva, Photoshop, Adobe, WordPress, Google Drive and Email Marketing Platforms is desirable.
- Highly organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Understands the voice of the organization and is knowledgeable about appropriate content for the audience and relevance to field and community.
- Demonstrates a genuine appreciation, curiosity and respect of artists and their work.
COMPENSATION & APPLICATION
The pay range for this part-time position is $18-20/hour, depending on experience & skills.
To apply, please submit a cover letter describing your interest and experience relevant to the position, resume including 3 professional references, and a writing sample (maximum length 500 words) as either a document or website URL link (ex: excerpt of a paper, blog/social media posts, essays, artists statements, other). Send applications and inquiries to Managing Director Brienne Rosner at email@example.com.
We will begin reviewing applications July 26th. The position will remain open until filled.
SNAG is an equal opportunity employer and encourages and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds to apply. SNAG believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion are integral to achieving our mission, vision and values. We honor the perspectives and contributions of all people regardless of their age, ability, ethnicity, race, religion, political or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, nationality, geographic origin, or socio-economic status. SNAG is committed to providing an environment free of discrimination. SNAG believes in responsibility, mutual respect, and empathy and strives to maintain a community in which every person feels welcomed and valued.
SNAG’s mission is to advance jewelry and metalsmithing by inspiring creativity, encouraging education, and fostering community. SNAG envisions a diverse jewelry and metals community that engages in thoughtful conversation and critical discourse while preserving tradition and embracing innovation.
VIEW IN PDF FORMAT