Video: SNAG Co-Presidents Kerianne Quick + Seth Papac share their special SNAG moments.
As we near the end of 2023, we reflect on some of the many ways the SNAG community has gathered this year:
- An international group joined 25 presenters from 18 cities across 7 different countries highlighting contemporary jewelry & metalsmithing of West Africa for the second Tides & Waves Virtual Symposium.
- SNAG @ Tucson helped first time attendees navigate the behemoth that is the Tucson Gem Show and provided opportunities for makers to show and sell work.
- The diversity of SNAG’s membership was showcased in Still Processing and we explored NYCJW together on our gallery crawls.
- We forged connections between blacksmithing and metalsmithing over an intimate weekend at SNAG @ Touchstone.
- Each month we convened virtually In Conversation with Educators and Studio Artists.
- Through our Board Workshops Fundraiser we brought people together to learn and grow.
- Metalsmith magazine continued to serve as a platform of connection. Vol 43 No 3’s Editorial Photography Call reflects the broad range of approaches to photography, from students to professionals.
- In edition 3 of We are SNAG Anthology, members came together in this yearbook catalog.
- SNAG strengthened external partnerships and support including new funding from the Marie & John Zimmermann Fund.
We’re asking members of this vibrant community to invest in your own SNAG moment! Help us raise $25,000 by the end of the year so we can:
- Place the history of the field at your fingertips
- Design & produce opportunities to gather, learn, and grow
- Invest in the future through scholarships and education
Your financial support is a fundamental part of making that possible. Any donation of any size makes a difference. Thank you for ensuring that SNAG will continue to foster community for 54+ more years!
Donate Now >>
Learn more about SNAG’s direction and goals. Read the 2023-2025 Strategic Plan >>