In Focus 2024
SNAG’s In Focus exhibition will be showcased digitally during the SNAG x San Diego conference and virtually on the SNAG website. This year we’ve partnered with Queer Metalsmiths to showcase BIPOC and or 2SLGBTQIA+ artists from marginalized communities who are the future of the metalsmithing and jewelry field in all materials, aesthetics, levels of experience, and backgrounds.
The SNAG conference programming aims to address the broad concepts of connection, community, or collaboration; to highlight work that exemplifies the impulse to unite, explores connections that transcend boundaries, exhibits acts of cooperation, or builds bridges – whether across physical or imagined borders, media or material, cultures or language.
Join us for a breakout session during the conference that provides a safe space for attendees to connect, discuss, and learn about the diversity of SNAG.
Thursday, June 6th | 1:30pm - 2:15pm in the Theater
- February 2 call opens
- April 15 call closes
- May 8 notifications sent
- TBA digital exhibition presented at conference
- June 6 breakout session at conference
- Digital exhibition on SNAG website after the conference
Questions about In Focus?
Scroll down for submission form.
- Images of up to three pieces of original artwork created between January 2022-March 2024 may be submitted.
- Images must be cropped to a 1:1 ratio (square); jpg, jpeg, png; max. file size: 3 MB.
- Images must be ready for promotional materials and online use: 300 DPI , no larger than 1500 pixels on the longest side, on a white background.
- Label files: Last Name_ First Name_Artwork Title_Year
About Queer Metalsmiths
Queer Metalsmiths is a community that honors, centers and uplifts 2SLGBTQIA+ jewelers and metalsmiths. They provide a safe space for queer artists to connect and support each other through visibility within the metalsmithing field.