2022 Election results:
- Board: Motoko Furuhashi, Maru Lopez, Seth Papac
- Board/Student: Shaunia Grant
- Nominations & Elections Committee: Kelly Jean Conroy
SNAG Board Candidate Motoko Furuhashi was born in Tokyo, Japan. She received her MFA from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Currently, she is appointed…
SNAG Board Candidate Maru López is an artist, educator, and emerging craft researcher. Born in San Juan, Puerto Rico she is presently based in San…
SNAG Board Candidate Seth Papac’s trifurcated practice involves teaching and mentoring students; researching and producing conceptual one-of-a-kind jewelry; and owning and operating a limited production…
SNAG Board/Student Candidate Shaunia Grant is an object maker, born and raised in the border town of Las Cruces, New Mexico. They graduated from New…
We will be looking for candidates for 2023 at a later time.
SNAG is a 501(c)(3) non-profit with a Board whose members serve on a voluntary basis. The SNAG Board and NEC acknowledge the unequal access inherent in many existing systems. It is our intent to cultivate a Board that represents the same diversity of people and lived experiences of the jewelry and metals community. Equity, inclusion, and representation within the Board of Directors membership is critical to ensure the continued ability of SNAG to honor its mission to inspire creativity, encourage education, and foster community. The NEC enthusiastically welcomes nominations and self-nominations of members, non-members, enthusiasts, makers, writers, educators, and underrepresented groups as we continue the task of fostering an inclusive culture of belonging by actively inviting the contributions of all people.
Contact the Committee for more information.
The role of SNAG board members continually evolves to meet the needs of the organization. The board is currently considered a “working board,” whose members commit between 3-10 hours of work each week to non-profit governance, fiscal oversight, and helping staff carry out current and developing programs and initiatives. This responsibility requires highly-motivated individuals from all backgrounds who share a passion for the organization and the willingness to progress and challenge SNAG’s mission into the future. SNAG is at a critical juncture and if you want to help move the organization into the next 50 years, you can make a real difference.
- Understand and commit to Board member responsibilities (see below)
- Understand and promote the mission of the organization
- Ability to work with others and be part of a team
- Access to a reliable internet connection for regular zoom meetings and online document access
- Ability to commit to a monetary donation either through participating in fundraising initiatives or by a personal contribution
- Commitment to checking/replying to emails within 24 hours
Some specific skills that SNAG is currently looking for in new board members:
(these are not necessarily required, but would be considered favorably):
- Previous non-profit board experience
- Data entry
- Expertise using technology
- Marketing (especially via social media)
Board member responsibilities:
- Prepare for, attend and actively participate in Board meetings
- Behave respectfully and work collaboratively with other board members
- Perform all Board member duties including but not limited to those identified here
SNAG Board Member Benefits include:
- Opportunity to serve on a well-established national non-profit that is internationally recognized as a leader in the support and promotion of jewelers and metalsmiths.
- Opportunity to have a shared leadership role in SNAG’s ongoing development of a shared vision for the field
- Opportunity to have a shared leadership role in SNAG’s decision-making process
- Opportunity to participate in evolving SNAG’s established programming and creating new programs to better serve the metalsmithing and jewelry communities
- Opportunity to participate in developing new outreach strategies and other ways to make SNAG more inclusive of previously under-served and under-recognized communities
The Nominations & Elections Committee is responsible for collecting nominations, recruiting candidates, and conducting the elections for SNAG.
2023 NOMINATIONS & ELECTIONS COMMITTEE
Kelly Jean Conroy